Dental implants are a life-long solution to your missing teeth that not only replaces your teeth but also improves their appearance and functionality. Implants are titanium studs that we place into your jawbone, acting as an artificial tooth root and supporting the artificial teeth (crowns). This restoration includes three parts.
We place the first part, the implant (titanium stud), in your jawbone below the gum line. An abutment or connector is then placed to attach the crown to the implant. Please schedule an appointment with us and replace your missing teeth with a more advanced alternative.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Implants retain your natural appearance and smile.
- They are a non-removable permanent solution to your missing teeth, and unlike dentures, implants do not slip from your mouth.
- This restoration supports tooth functionality. You would enjoy easier eating and more natural speaking.
- This treatment prevents further tooth loss and also improves your bite function.
- As implants function like your tooth roots, they prevent bone loss.
- Unlike other restorations for missing teeth, dental implants are easy to care for.
- As the whole restoration matches your natural appearance, it boosts your confidence.
How are Implants Placed?
Before the implant surgery, we will examine your dental health. It includes a visual examination and taking your X-rays. If you do not have enough jawbone to support the restoration, we will perform a bone grafting surgery, followed by attaching dental implants.
We will give you a local anesthetic and make an incision into your gums to reveal the jawbone. An implant will be placed, after which we will suture the gums and give them some time to heal. This healing period is known as osseointegration. It allows the stud to integrate perfectly to your jawbone and create a strong anchor or support for the implants.
On the next visit, we will place the abutment to attach the crown to your implant. We will also take impressions of your teeth and send them to the lab for the creation of dental crowns. A temporary crown will be attached, and you will be given some more healing time before the placement of a permanent crown.
On the final appointment, we will remove the temporary crown and place the permanent one. The restoration is complete. You are further expected to care for your teeth and implant by brushing and flossing and performing other essential oral care practices.
To find out more about the dental services offered at Summit Family Dental Care, call (541) 779-2634 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit us at 1420 E. McAndrews Rd, Medford, OR 97504.